Become a member
Note: With just one event left for the calendar year, it may not be beneficial for you to take membership now (which expires in Dec 2022). You are most welcome to take non-member entry / food tickets for Sharod Utsav 2022.
The information below represents our membership page as was designed at the beginning of 2022, and articulates the key benefits of taking Bhindeshi membership. Our next year’s membership would likely open in January 2023.
Why should you become a member?
- Belong. Be part of a small Indian community where like-minded people come together to celebrate our rich culture and heritage through diverse events.
- Bestow. Give our children a chance to experience the same warmth and festivity we enjoyed while celebrating those events back in India.
- Build. Give back to the greater Seattle community that we are now a part of. Volunteer your time in building a culture of togetherness and inclusion in our community, and share our values with the younger generation through leading by example.
- Boost. Promote local, regional, and national arts and talent with financial and other means of support.
Bhindeshi Membership includes:
- Entry and preferred participation in Bhindeshi’s year-round community service and socio-cultural events
- Discounted food coupons in events where food is offered.
- Preferred participation for Bhinkotha cultural magazine.
- Eligibility for nomination for next year’s executive council.
Bhindeshi is planning to organize multiple community engagement, community service, and cultural events throughout 2022. While the public health situation is still somewhat tentative, we can probably breathe a sigh of relief that the worst is behind us. To that effect, Bhindeshi is planning to organize a minimum of 4 in-person events and two community engagement drives in 2022. The in-person events will be organized in suitable venues keeping in mind location, amenities, acoustics, parking, and safety. The community engagement drives (E.g. volunteer/donation drives) will be held between the events and based on schedules of some of our partner organizations. Here is a list of the in-person events that are being planned this year.
- Bani Bandana is on 6th of February 2022
- Cultural event in May or June
- Summer picnic in July or August
- Sharod Utsav is on 24th of September 2022
(Please note that the dates and venue shared above are based on current reservations, and may change due to unforeseen circumstances)
In addition, Bhindeshi will continue with the Bangla class program and Bhinkotha Magazine from previous year’s initiatives, recognizing the overwhelming response from our community and even globally for these endeavors. For our youth, in appreciation of their participation wherever observed in these efforts, Bhindeshi will present an official appreciation letter that can contribute to their portfolio of community services as they prepare for their respective college careers.
Last year’s initiatives:
For 2022, Bhindeshi membership fees are being reset to the pre-pandemic rates as given below. In the event that the public health situation unexpectedly reverses trends and we are unable to organize some of these events, Bhindeshi will issue appropriate refunds based on some prorated calculation.
|Bhindeshi Family Membership (2 Adults + 2 Kids)||$130.00*|
|Bhindeshi Individual Membership (for Adults)||$75.00*|
|Bhindeshi Individual Membership for Senior Citizens (over 65 years)||$65.00*|
*Above mentioned rates do not include food costs for the events. Food will be available for purchase at discounted rates per event.
We hope you will continue to show your support for Bhindeshi by taking membership and joining us for another year of togetherness. We much appreciate your support and participation.
Download and open Bhindeshi mobile app.